Download the Free Panda Craft Template and make this Easy Animal craft for kids. Find Easy Crafts for kids on CraftingJeannie.com!
Check out this Paper Panda craft! Kids will love making it. Get the Free Panda Craft Template below and you will be able to make enough supplies for a group of 20 kids (or more!) with about 10 minutes of cutting.
Are you ready for a fun zoo craft? You can cut out all of the panda craft shapes and your little ones will enjoy gluing and following directions. Or you can guide your children through the craft so they can work on scissor skills.
Either way, this is a great craft for working on fine motor skills and following directions.
Tip: Make the Panda face out of heavy cardstock and add a popsicle stick to turn it into a fun Panda Mask.
Make this Panda craft for Preschool while reading these Fun Books:
Here’s What You Need
Here’s your Panda craft supply list (This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read my disclosure policy for more information):
- Free Panda Craft Printable<— Get it Here!
- construction paper, colored copy paper, or colored cardstock
- glue sticks
Watch the Panda Craft Video to do this Easy Animal Craft.
Did you know that the Panda Bear is only native to south-central China? Learn more about pandas on Wikipedia.com
Step 1: Download and Print the Free Panda Template
Download the Free Panda Printable Template. You will be stapling the printed PDF to sheets of colored paper to cut out the shapes.
Step 2: Staple and Cut Out the Paper Panda Shapes
Once you have the print outs, staple them to construction paper and cut out the shapes you need.
Note: If you want to make this craft with a group of kids, you can staple the template to up to 10 sheets of copy paper, 5 sheets of cardstock or 5-8 sheets of construction paper.
So, did you know that you can staple together 10 pieces of copy paper and cut out 10 shapes at a time?! That’s my SECRET to fast & easy crafting. Stapling the paper is very important because it makes sure it doesn’t move as you cut. The more staples the better. Cardstock is the thickest so you may only be able to cut 5 sheets at a time.
Tip: While you’re cutting, if you cut off all parts of the pages that have staples, make sure to re-staple the sheets that are left. Whenever you’re cutting multiple sheets at a time, make sure they are always stapled together!
Step 3: How to Assemble this Easy Animal Craft
I recommend having a finished Panda so the children can see what the final version will look like.
- Start by gluing the ears onto the back of the panda’s head.
- Glue the black oval eye patches onto your panda.
- Glue the white ovals on top of the black ovals.
- Next, either glue on the included eyes or draw your own.
- Glue the small black circle onto the panda face to make the panda’s nose.
- Then, use a marker to draw a mouth onto your panda craft.
- Optional: Glue the bow onto your panda.
- Optional: Glue pink cheeks onto your panda.
- Don’t forget to write your name on the back!
Step 1: Start by gluing the ears onto the back of the panda’s head.
Step 2: Glue the black oval eye patches onto your panda.
Step 3: Glue the white ovals on top of the black ovals.
Step 4: Next, either glue on the included eyes or draw your own.
Step 5: Glue the small black circle onto the panda’s face to make the panda’s nose.
Step 6: Then, use a marker to draw a mouth onto your panda craft.
Step 7: Optional: Glue the bow onto your panda.
Step 8: Optional: Glue pink cheeks onto your panda. Don’t forget to write your name on the back.
And you’re finished with your Preschool Panda Craft!
This is a great animal craft for preschoolers or a craft to make just for fun. And, it’s the perfect Panda Craft for Preschoolers, Kindergarteners, Toddlers, Daycare, or just a fun craft at home idea.
More Easy Paper Crafts for Kids
If you liked this craft, check out some of my other Easy Animal Crafts for Kids.
- Lion Craft with Template – This lion is so fun and simple.
- Bear Craft for Toddlers – Make this bear while reading teddy bear picnic.
- Giraffe Craft – This giraffe craft has two layers!
- Elephant Craft – You can’t make zoo crafts without including an elephant!
- Tiger Craft – Make this fun tiger craft with your children.
As always, I try to make my crafts fast, easy & inexpensive. Enjoy!