Make these beautiful tissue paper spoon flowers with the paper cup vase for Mother’s day, with step-by-step instructions and Free Printable Template!
This is a fun and easy tissue paper flower craft to make for Springtime or Mother’s Day. The kids get to decorate the vase and make the flowers whatever color they want.
The best part is, you can have enough supplies in one trip to the Dollar Store and about 5 minutes of cutting.
Here’s What You Need
Here’s your flower vase supply list (This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read my disclosure policy for more information):
- White paper cups (plastic cups will not work)
- Crayons or Markers
- Plastic Spoons – Bonus if they’re green spoons! (about 60 spoons for 12 kids)
- Tissue Paper
- glue sticks
Step 1: Get Your Supplies
Ok, you’re going to have to make a trip to the Dollar Store! You want to get a paper cup for each child. PLASTIC CUPS WILL NOT WORK. White cups make the best canvas.
Next, buy plastic spoons. They will be the stems of the flower, so if you find green spoons, you’re rocking it! White or clear spoons work just as well! You will need 5-6 spoons per vase. So for 12 kids that’s 60-72 spoons. Lastly, tissue paper for the flower petals. I like to get a variety of pastel colors.
Step 2: Prep Your Supplies
This craft is so easy to get ready.
First, flip the cups over. Next, use a box-cutter or scissors to cut 5-6 slits into the bottom of the cups. This is where the kids will poke the flowers (spoons) into the vase.
Finally, you’ll need to cut out the petals for the flowers. I have found it’s fast and easy to cut the tissue paper while it is folded. I just cut out teardrop shapes for the petals.
Knowing how many petals you need is the hardest thing to judge. It will be about 5 petals per flower. So 25-30 petals per child. I usually just cut out A LOT because extra is always better.
Step 3: How to Assemble
The kids will have so much fun making the flower craft for mom!
- Flip your cup upside-down.
- Color and decorate you white cup (vase). Then set it aside.
- glue about 5 tissue paper flower petals to the top of a spoon – try to make a flower shape
- Make 5 or 6 spoon flowers.
- Push spoon flowers into your vase.
- Make sure to put your name on the vase.
And your finished!
More Crafts For Kids
- Heart Popsicle Stick Craft
- I love you to Pieces puzzle craft
- Super easy Easter egg Craft with template
- cute lion craft template
As always, I try to make the classroom and party crafts: Fast, Easy & Inexpensive. Enjoy!