Download the Free School Bus Craft Template and make this Easy School Bus Activity for Preschoolers. Find step-by-step instructions and Easy Paper Crafts on CraftingJeannie.com!
Check out this Easy School Bus craft! It’s a fun way to get kids excited about the first day of school! Kids will love making it. Get the Free School Bus Craft Template below and you will be able to make enough supplies for a group of 20 kids (or more!) with about 10 minutes of cutting.
Did you know the first school bus was created in 1892? Read more on Wikipedia.com.
Make this School Bus craft for Kindergarteners while reading these Fun Books:
Here’s What You Need
Here’s your school bus craft supply list (This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read my disclosure policy for more information):
- Free School Bus Craft Template<— Get it Here!
- construction paper, colored copy paper, or colored cardstock
- glue sticks
Watch the Easy School Bus Craft Video to do this school bus activity for preschoolers.
Step 1: Download and Print the Free Template
Step 2: Staple and Cut Out the Bus Craft Shapes
Once you have the print outs, staple them to construction paper and cut out the shapes you need.
Note: If you want to make this craft with a group of kids, you can staple the template to up to 10 sheets of copy paper, 5 sheets of cardstock or 5-8 sheets of construction paper.
So, did you know, you can staple together 10 pieces of copy paper and cut out 10 shapes at a time?! That’s my SECRET to fast & easy crafting. Stapling the paper is very important because it makes sure it doesn’t move as you cut. The more staples the better. Cardstock is the thickest so you may only be able to cut 5 sheets at a time.
Tip: While you’re cutting, if you cut off all parts of the pages that have staples, make sure to re-staple the sheets that are left. Whenever you’re cutting multiple sheets at a time, make sure they are always stapled together!
Step 3: How to Assemble
I recommend having a finished bus so the children can see what the final version will look like.
- Glue the white hubcaps onto the center of the wheels.
- Glue the wheels onto the bottom of the yellow bus.
- Glue the black line across the widest part of the bus (at the top of the widest part).
- Glue the one of the black window onto the bus where the driver would sit.
- Next, glue on the long black door piece and the rest of the black windows. It looks nice if you can try to make them all line up at the top.
- Glue the stop sign onto the black line right beside the door.
- Don’t forget to write your name on the back!
Step 1: Glue the white hubcaps onto the center of the wheels.
Step 2: Glue the wheels onto the bottom of the yellow bus.
Step 3: Glue the black line across the widest part of the bus (at the top of the widest part).
Step 4: Glue the one of the black window onto the bus where the driver would sit.
Step 5: Next, glue on the long black door piece and the rest of the black windows. It looks nice if you can try to make them all line up at the top.
Step 6: Glue the stop sign onto the black line right beside the door. Don’t forget to write your name on the back.
And you’re finished!
This is a great back to school craft or just for fun. And, it’s the perfect School Bus Craft for Preschoolers, Kindergarteners, Scouts or just a fun craft at home idea.
More Fall Crafts
If you liked this craft, check out some of my other Fall Crafts.
- Apple Craft for Preschoolers
- 10 Free Camping Coloring Pages
- Free S’mores Craft Printable
- Apple Tree Craft for Preschoolers
- Bee Craft
As always, I try to make my crafts fast, easy & inexpensive. Enjoy!