Download the Free Boat Craft Template and make this Transportation Activity for Preschoolers. Find step-by-step instructions and Easy Paper Crafts on CraftingJeannie.com!
Check out this Easy Paper Boat craft! Kids will love making it.
Get the Free Boat Craft Template below and you will be able to make enough supplies for a group of 20 kids (or more!) with about 10 minutes of cutting.
Watch the Preschool Boat Craft Video to do this Transportation Craft.
Did you know that there are three ways a boat can move: manpower, wind and motor? Read all about them on Wikipedia.com.
Here’s What You Need
Here’s your ship craft supply list (This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read my disclosure policy for more information):
- Free Boat Craft Printable<— Get it Here!
- construction paper, colored copy paper, or colored cardstock
- glue sticks
Make this Paper Boat craft for Preschool while reading these Fun Books:
Step 1: Download and Print the Free Boat Printable
Download the Free Boat Craft Template. You will be stapling the template to sheets of colored paper to cut out the shapes.
Step 2: Staple and Cut Out the Paper Ship Craft Shapes
Once you have the print outs, staple them to construction paper and cut out the shapes you need.
Note: If you want to make this craft with a group of kids, you can staple the template to up to 10 sheets of copy paper, 5 sheets of cardstock or 5-8 sheets of construction paper.
So, did you know that you can staple together 10 pieces of copy paper and cut out 10 shapes at a time?! That’s my SECRET to fast & easy crafting. Stapling the paper is very important because it makes sure it doesn’t move as you cut. The more staples the better. Cardstock is the thickest so you may only be able to cut 5 sheets at a time.
Tip: While you’re cutting, if you cut off all parts of the pages that have staples, make sure to re-staple the sheets that are left. Whenever you’re cutting multiple sheets at a time, make sure they are always stapled together!
Step 3: How to Assemble
I recommend having a finished boat so the children can see what the final version will look like.
- Glue the wheel house behind the top of the boat.
- Glue the white window onto the wheel house.
- Glue the life preserver ring onto the boat wherever you like.
- Next, glue the colored circle into the center of the li.
- Optional: Glue the white pinstripe rectangle onto the body of the boat.
- Optional: Glue the anywhere you like on your boat.
- Don’t forget to write your name on the back!
Step 1: Glue the wheel house behind the top of the boat.
Step 2: Glue the white window onto the wheel house.
Step 3: Glue the life preserver ring onto the boat wherever you like.
Step 4: Next, glue the colored circle into the center of the life preserver ring
Step 5: Optional: Glue the white pinstripe rectangle onto the body of the boat
Step 6: Optional: Glue the flag anywhere you like on your boat. Don’t forget to write your name on the back.
And you’re finished!
This is a great Transportation activity for preschoolers. It’s also the perfect boat craft just for fun. Make it with your Preschoolers, Kindergarteners, Toddlers, Daycare, or as a craft at home.
More Transportation Activities for Early Years
If you liked this craft, check out some of my other Transportation Crafts for Kids.
- Easy Rocket ship Craft – Make this simple outer space craft with your little ones.
- Easy Race Car Craft – This car craft is super easy and super fun.
- Train Craft – The train lover in your family is going to love this fun train craft
- Preschool School Bus Craft – Get ready for back to school with this simple school bus craft
- Airplane Craft with Free Template – This airplane let’s your little one’s imagination soar.
- Preschool Fire Truck Craft – Talk about community helpers with this fire truck craft.
As always, I try to make my crafts fast, easy & inexpensive. Enjoy!
Download the Free Boat Craft Template
Enter your info below for the free download and other awesome freebies found in my newsletter (your address will never be shared or sold, NO Spam! you can unsubscribe anytime):