Download the Free Printable Ice Skate Template and make this Winter craft for Kids. Find step-by-step instructions and Paper Crafts for kids on CraftingJeannie.com!
Check out this Easy Ice Skate craft! You can make a simple craft with only two pieces or you can use a hole punch to add a lacing component. Get the Free Printable Ice Skate Template below and you will be able to make enough supplies for a group of 20 kids (or more!) with about 10 minutes of cutting.
Make this Preschool Ice Skating craft while reading these Fun Books:
Use the template and black construction paper to make a Hockey Craft.
Here’s What You Need
Here’s your winter craft supply list (This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read my disclosure policy for more information):
- Free Printable Ice Skate Template<— Get it Here!
- construction paper, colored copy paper, or colored cardstock
- glue sticks
- marker for laces
- hole punch (if you’re making a lacing craft)
- yarn (if you’re making a lacing craft)
Watch the Ice Skate Craft Video for step-by-step instructions on how to make this Winter kids craft.
Did you know that Ice Skates were used in Finland earlier than 200 A.D.? Learn more about Ice Skates on Wikipedia.com
Step 1: Download and Print the Free Ice Skate Craft Template
Download the Free Ice Skate Craft Template. You will be stapling the printed PDF to sheets of colored paper to cut out the shapes.
Step 2: Staple and Cut Out the Winter Craft Shapes
Once you have the print outs, staple them to construction paper and cut out the shapes you need.
Note: If you want to make this craft with a group of kids, you can staple the template to up to 10 sheets of copy paper, 5 sheets of cardstock or 5-8 sheets of construction paper.
So, did you know that you can staple together 10 pieces of copy paper and cut out 10 shapes at a time?! That’s my SECRET to fast & easy crafting. Stapling the paper is very important because it makes sure it doesn’t move as you cut. The more staples the better. Cardstock is the thickest so you may only be able to cut 5 sheets at a time.
Tip: While you’re cutting, if you cut off all parts of the pages that have staples, make sure to re-staple the sheets that are left. Whenever you’re cutting multiple sheets at a time, make sure they are always stapled together!
Step 3: How to Assemble the Paper Ice Skate Craft
I recommend having a finished craft so the children can see what the final version will look like.
- First, glue your rectangle blade onto the bottom of your ice skate.
- Draw on your laces with a marker. Don’t forget to write your name on the back
- Lacing craft: punch holes in your skate where the laces will go.
- Lacing craft: tape a piece of yarn to the back of your ice skate and thread it through the first hole (closest to the toe).
- Lacing craft: wrap the yarn around the edge of the paper and thread it through the next hole (see the image).
- Lacing craft: Leave one hole empty at the top of the skate. Then, tape the end of the threaded yarn to the back of the skate (see the images below).
- Lacing craft: Finally, tie a bow with a separate piece of yarn in the top hole.
- Don’t forget to write your name on the back.
Step 1: First, glue your rectangle blade onto the bottom of your ice skate.
Step 2: Draw on your laces with a marker.
Step 3: Lacing Craft: punch holes in your skate where the laces will go.
Step 4: Lacing Craft: tape a piece of yarn to the back of your ice skate and thread it through the first hole (closest to the toe).
Step 5: Lacing Craft: wrap the yarn around the edge of the paper and thread it through the next hole.
Step 6: Lacing Craft: Leave one hole empty at the top of the skate. Then, tape the end of the threaded yarn to the back of the skate.
Step 7: Lacing Craft: Finally, tie a bow with a separate piece of yarn in the top hole. Don’t forget to write your name on the back.
And you’re finished with your Ice Skate Craft!
This is a great Winter craft for preschoolers or a craft to make just for fun. And, it’s the perfect Ice Skating Craft for Preschoolers, Kindergarteners, Toddlers, Daycare, or just a fun craft at home idea.
More Winter Crafts for Kids
If you liked this craft, check out some of my other Winter Crafts for Kids.
- Igloo Craft
- Winter Snow Globe Craft
- Easy Hot Chocolate Craft
- Winter Clothes Craft
- Preschool Mitten Craft
As always, I try to make my crafts fast, easy & inexpensive. Enjoy!