Need a Winter Craft for a group of kids? Quickly make the supplies for this Easy Paper Snow Globe with step-by-step instructions and Free Printable Template!
Get the Free Snow Globe Printable below and you will be able to make enough supplies for a group of 20 kids (or more!) with only about 10 minutes of cutting.
Do you want more Christmas fun? My Christmas Activity Packet will entertain kids for hours. It includes 24 printable activities and 2 craft templates!
Did you know, the snow globe was invented when someone was trying to invent a brighter surgical light? Read more at Wikipedia.com.
Here’s What You Need
Here’s your Easy Paper Snow Globe supply list (This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read my disclosure policy for more information):
- Free Snow Globe Printable <— Get it Here!
- colored copy paper, colored cardstock, or construction paper
- glue sticks
- cotton balls for snow
- white tempera paint or whiteout (at the Dollar store) for snowflakes
Step 1: Download and Print the Free Snow Globe Template
Download the Free Snow Globe Printable. In the next step, learn how to quickly cut out as many shapes as you need.
Step 2: Staple and Cut Out the Craft Shapes
Once you have the snow globe templates printed out, staple them to construction paper and cut out multiple shapes at a time.
Note: If you want to make this craft with a group of kids, you can staple the template to up to 10 sheets of copy paper, 5 sheets of cardstock or 5-8 sheets of construction paper.
So, did you know, you can staple together 10 pieces of copy paper and cut out 10 shapes at a time?! That’s my SECRET to fast & easy crafting.
Stapling the paper is very important because it makes sure it doesn’t move as you cut. The more staples the better. Cardstock is the thickest so you may only be able to cut 5 sheets at a time.
Step 3: How to Assemble
The kids will have so much fun making their snow globes!
I recommend having a snow globe that is already put together so the children can see what the final version will look like.
- start with the blue circle
- glue the smaller end of the brown base behind the blue circle
- glue on the two trees
- if you are making the Christmas trees, glue on the stars and decorations
- pull apart a few cotton balls and glue them to base of the trees for snow
- For the snow flakes: dip your fingertip into white paint and dab on snowflakes around the trees OR use the whiteout brush/pen to stamp snowflakes around the trees
- don’t forget to write your name on the back
And you’re finished!
This is such a fun and simple Christmas craft for kids. This paper Snow globe is easy enough for preschool, elementary, Scouts or just a fun craft at home idea.
More Christmas Crafts
If you liked this craft, check out some of my other Christmas Crafts:
- Holiday Truck with a pocket for a tree
- Super easy paper ornaments
- Christmas Tree Template to fill with Scrap Paper
- Scrabble ornaments with Names – it’s ALL paper!
- Santa craft with PDF Template
- Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt
- Candy Cane Craft for Christmas
- Stocking Craft for Kids
- Igloo Craft
- Preschool Eskimo Craft
As always, I try to make my crafts fast, easy & inexpensive. Enjoy!