Need a Christmas Craft for a group of kids? Quickly make the supplies for this Easy Paper Santa with step-by-step instructions and Free Printable Template!
Get the Free Paper Santa Printable below and you will be able to make enough supplies for a group of 20 kids (or more!) with only about 10 minutes of cutting.
Do you want more Christmas fun? My Christmas Activity Packet will entertain kids for hours. It includes 24 printable activities and 2 craft templates!
Did you know, it’s considered lucky to make large purchases or to get married on December 6th? It’s the original Santa’s (St. Nicolas’) Feast day. Read more at History.com.
Here’s What You Need
Here’s your Easy Paper Santa supply list (This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read my disclosure policy for more information):
- Free Paper Santa Printable <— Get it Here!
- colored copy paper, colored cardstock, or construction paper
- glue sticks
- marker for eyes
Step 1: Download and Print the Free Template
Download the Free Paper Santa Printable. In the next step, learn how to quickly cut out as many Santa shapes as you need.
Step 2: Staple and Cut Out the Craft Shapes
Once you have the Santa templates printed out, staple them to construction paper and cut out multiple shapes at a time.
Note: If you want to make this craft with a group of kids, you can staple the template to up to 10 sheets of copy paper, 5 sheets of cardstock or 5-8 sheets of construction paper.
So, did you know, you can staple together 10 pieces of copy paper and cut out 10 shapes at a time?! That’s my SECRET to fast & easy crafting.
Stapling the paper is very important because it makes sure it doesn’t move as you cut. The more staples the better. Cardstock is the thickest so you may only be able to cut 5 sheets at a time.
Step 3: How to Assemble
The kids will just need to glue everything together.
I recommend having a Santa that is already put together so the children can see what the final version will look like.
- start with the face oval
- glue on the red part of the hat
- glue on the two white pieces of the hat
- glue on the large part of the beard. The top corners of the beard should touch the white part of the hat
- glue on the mustache (most of the mustache should be over the beard to leave room for the eyes)
- glue on the red nose
- draw on Santa’s eyes
- don’t forget to put your name on the back
And you’re done!!
This is such a fun and simple Christmas craft for kids. This paper Santa is easy enough for preschool, elementary, Scouts or just a fun craft at home idea.
More Christmas Crafts
If you liked this craft, check out some of my other Christmas Crafts:
- Red Holiday Truck Craft
- Super easy paper ornaments
- Customizable Scrabble ornaments – it’s ALL paper!
- Ripped Paper Christmas Tree
- Easy Paper Snow Globe Craft
- Christmas Light Check List
As always, I try to make my crafts fast, easy & inexpensive. Enjoy!