Download the Free New Year Hat Template and make this fun New Years craft for preschoolers. Find step-by-step instructions and Paper Crafts for kids on CraftingJeannie.com!
Check out this Easy New Year Hat craft! This is such a quick and enjoyable craft for little ones. Get the Free New Year Hat Template below and you will be able to make enough supplies for a group of 20 kids (or more!) with about 10 minutes of cutting.
Want more New Years’ Fun? Grab the Printables below:
Here’s What You Need
Here’s your New Year Hat craft supply list (This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read my disclosure policy for more information):
- Free New Year Hat Template<— Get it Here!
- construction paper, colored copy paper, or colored cardstock
- glue sticks (click here to see my favorite kind)
- crayons or markers to decorate your hat
- elastic cord (barbed) – This type of elastic is great for these masks. You can also use ribbon
Buy Elastic Cords
Make this New Year Hat craft for Toddlers while reading these Fun Books:
Step 1: Download and Print the Free New Year Hat Template
Download the Free New Year Hat Printable Template. Choose which hat you want to make. You can print it directly onto colored construction paper or print on white copy paper and let the children color it.
Did you know that Party hats are mostly worn on New Years’ eve and of course Birthday Parties? Learn more about party hats on Wikipedia.com
Step 3: Cut out Hat
After you print the hat onto colored or white paper, you need to cut it out. Cut out the large hat shape on solid lines. Then you will be folding on the dotted line. Add glue down the tab and glue the hat together. Punch holes on either side of the hat, add string.
Step 4: How to Make a Paper New Year Hat
- Cut out the hat shape on the solid line
- Color your hat with crayons or markers. (don’t forget to write your name on the back of your hat so you know which one is yours)
- Fold the tab on the dotted line
- Add glue to the tab
- Roll the hat to glue the tab to the other side
- punch a hole in either side of the hat
- measure and add yarn or string
And you’re finished with your Preschool New Year Craft!
This is a great Holiday craft for preschoolers or a craft to make just for fun. And, it’s the perfect New Years Eve Craft for Preschoolers, Kindergarteners, Toddlers, Daycare, or just a fun craft at home idea.
More Easy Paper Crafts for Kids
If you liked this craft, check out some of my other Christmas Crafts for Kids.
As always, I try to make my crafts fast, easy & inexpensive. Enjoy!