Download the Template and make this cute Avocado craft for Preschoolers. Find step-by-step instructions, Craft Templates, and Free Printables on CraftingJeannie.com!
How cute is this avocado craft. It would be perfect for a food lesson plan, pair it with a real avocado to teach children about different tastes and textures. And with the heart shaped seed, it could even be a Valentine’s Day craft!
Get the Free Avocado Printable below and you will be able to make enough supplies for a group of 20 kids (or more!) with only about 10 minutes of cutting.
Watch the Avocado video with detailed instructions on how to make the supplies and assemble this Preschool Food Craft here:
Did you know, some people call avocados alligator pears? Read more at Wikipedia.com.
Here’s What You Need
Here’s your craft supply list (This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read my disclosure policy for more information):
- Free Avocado Printable <— Get it Here!
- dark green paper, light green paper & brown paper
- glue sticks
- green pipe cleaners, brown pipe cleaners
- marker for the eyes
Make this Avocado craft while reading this fun book:
Step 1: Download and Print the Free Craft Template
Download and print the Free Avocado Printable. In the next step, learn how to quickly cut out as many shapes as you need.
Step 2: Staple and Cut Out the Craft Shapes
Once you have the template printed out, staple it to construction paper and cut out multiple shapes at a time.
Note: If you want to make this craft with a group of kids, you can staple the template to up to 10 sheets of copy paper, 5 sheets of cardstock or 6-10 sheets of construction paper.
So, did you know, you can staple together 10 pieces of copy paper and cut out 10 shapes at a time?! That’s my SECRET to fast & easy crafting.
Stapling the paper is very important because it makes sure it doesn’t move as you cut. The more staples the better. Cardstock is the thickest so you may only be able to cut 5 sheets at a time.
Step 3: How to Assemble
The kids will have so much making their Avocado Craft!
I recommend having a finished craft so the children can see what the final version will look like.
- Glue the light green avocado shape on top of the dark green shape.
- Glue the heart seed onto the middle of the avocado front.
- Draw on the avocado’s face.
- Make the feet by bending a brown pipe cleaner in half. Then, bend each end into an oval foot shape.
- Make the avocado’s arms by bending one end of an green pipe cleaner into a 3 fingered hand. Repeat this for each arm.
- Tape the arms and legs onto the back of your avocado.
- Don’t forget to write your name on the back
Step 1: Glue the light green avocado shape on top of the dark green shape.
Step 2: Glue the heart seed onto the middle of the avocado front.
Step 3: Draw on the avocado face.
Step 4: Make the feet by bending a brown pipe cleaner in half. Then, bend each end into an oval foot shape.
Step 5: Make the avocado’s arms by bending one end of an green pipe cleaner into a 3 fingered hand. Repeat this for each arm.
Step 6: tape the arms and legs onto the back of your avocado. Don’t forget to write your name on the back.
And you’re finished!
This is such a fun and simple food or Valentine’s Day craft for kids. This avocado craft is so easy for preschool, elementary school, Scouts or just a fun craft at home idea.
More Food and Valentine’s Day Crafts
If you liked this craft, check out some of my other Valentine’s Day Crafts:
- Tissue paper spoon flowers and cup vase
- heart messages on a popsicle stick
- I love you to pieces puzzle craft
- Paper Hot Chocolate Craft
As always, I try to make my crafts fast, easy & inexpensive. Enjoy!