Need a Winter Craft for a group of kids? Quickly make the supplies for this Easy Cup of Hot Chocolate with step-by-step instructions and Free Printable Template!
Get the Free Hot Chocolate Printable below and you will be able to make enough supplies for a group of 20 kids (or more!) with only about 10 minutes of cutting.
The best part is you don’t need to cut out the handle on the mug, just use the template to make a semi-circle. This makes this craft super easy to prepare and simple to make.
Watch how easy it is to make the supplies and assemble the craft on my Youtube video:
Did you know, hot chocolate has been around for about 3,000 years? Read more at Wikipedia.com.
Here’s What You Need
Here’s your Hot Chocolate Craft supply list (This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read my disclosure policy for more information):
- Free Hot Chocolate Printable <— Get it Here!
- colored copy paper, colored cardstock, or construction paper
- glue sticks
- optional: cotton balls or miniature marshmallows
- optional: stickers and markers to decorate the hot chocolate mug
Step 1: Download and Print the Free Hot Chocolate Craft Template
Download the Free Hot Chocolate Printable. In the next step, learn how to quickly cut out as many shapes as you need.
Step 2: Staple and Cut Out the Craft Shapes
Once you have the hot chocolate templates printed out, staple them to construction paper and cut out multiple shapes at a time.
Note: If you want to make this craft with a group of kids, you can staple the template to up to 10 sheets of copy paper, 5 sheets of cardstock or 6-10 sheets of construction paper.
So, did you know, you can staple together 10 pieces of copy paper and cut out 10 shapes at a time?! That’s my SECRET to fast & easy crafting.
Stapling the paper is very important because it makes sure it doesn’t move as you cut. The more staples the better. Cardstock is the thickest so you may only be able to cut 5 sheets at a time.
Step 3: How to Assemble
The kids will have so much fun making their hot chocolate mugs!
I recommend having a mug craft that is already put together so the children can see what the final version will look like.
- start with the hot chocolate mug shape
- glue on the brown circle for the hot chocolate
- glue on the white semi-circle to complete the handle
- glue on paper marshmallows, use cotton balls, or better yet, real miniature marshmallows
- don’t forget to write your name on the back
And you’re finished!
This is such a fun and simple winter craft for kids. This paper mug of hot cocoa is easy enough for preschool, elementary, Scouts or just a fun craft at home idea.
More Winter Crafts for Kids
If you liked this craft, check out some of my other Winter Crafts:
- Preschool Igloo Craft
- Preschool Winter Craft
- Winter Mitten Craft
- Red Truck with a pocket for a tree
- Winter Snow Globe Craft for kids
- Super easy paper ornaments
- Christmas Tree Template to fill with Scrap Paper
- Scrabble ornaments with Names – it’s ALL paper!
- Santa craft with PDF Template
- Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt
As always, I try to make my crafts fast, easy & inexpensive. Enjoy!