Do you need a Thanksgiving Craft? Use My Free Printable Template to make this fun Paper Turkey Hat!
This cute paper Turkey Hat is so easy and so cute! Kids will love making it and wearing it on Thanksgiving. It’s a classic fall and Thanksgiving craft.
Get the Free Turkey Hat Printable below and you will be able to make enough supplies for a group of 20 kids (or more!) with only about 10 minutes of cutting.
Do you want more Thanksgiving fun? My Thanksgiving Activity Packet will make your Thanksgiving Day Feast as easy as pie. It includes 7 Printable Placemat Activities & 3 craft templates!
Did you know, the turkeys are from North America and date back to over 20 million years ago? Read more at Wikipedia.com.
Here’s What You Need
Here’s your turkey craft supply list (This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read my disclosure policy for more information):
- Free Turkey Hat Printable <— Get it Here!
- colored copy paper, colored cardstock, or construction paper
- glue sticks
Step 1: Download and Print the Free Template
Download the Free Turkey Hat Printable. In the next step, learn how to quickly cut out as many as you need.
Step 2: Staple and Cut Out the Turkey Craft Shapes
Once you have the print outs, staple them to construction paper and cut out the shapes you need.
Note: If you want to make this craft with a group of kids, you can staple the template to up to 10 sheets of copy paper, 5 sheets of cardstock or 5-8 sheets of construction paper.
So, did you know, you can staple together 10 pieces of copy paper and cut out 10 shapes at a time?! That’s my SECRET to fast & easy crafting.
Stapling the paper is very important because it makes sure it doesn’t move as you cut. The more staples the better. Cardstock is the thickest so you may only be able to cut 5 sheets at a time.
Step 3: How to Assemble
The kids will love making and wearing their Turkey Hat!
- Staple or glue the two brown strips together at one end.
- Measure the child’s head and staple the strips together at the other end to make the circular headband.
- Glue the eyes and nose onto the brown circle to make the turkey face
- Glue the brown circle face onto the headband
- Glue each feather onto the back of the turkey face/head band
- Optional: decorate the band of the headband with stickers or construction paper squares.
- Don’t forget to put your name on the back.
And you’re done!!
This is a great craft for Thanksgiving and Fall. The Turkey Headband craft is easy enough for preschool, elementary, Scouts or just a fun craft at home idea.
More Thanksgiving and Fall Crafts
If you liked this craft, check out some of my other Thanksgiving and Fall Crafts:
- Gratitude Thanksgiving Tree
- Adorable pumpkin pie craft
- Fun and Easy Apple Craft
- Paper Sunflower for Kids
- Silly Candy Corn Craft
As always, I try to make my crafts fast, easy & inexpensive. Enjoy!