How awesome is this easy American Flag craft? It can be a Simple Flag, Windsock, or Huge Door Decoration. Find Free Craft Printables on CraftingJeannie.com
Check out this awesome American Flag craft – It’s three crafts in one! Kids will love making the simple flag or windsock and you can also make a HUGE Flag for a classroom door, holiday decoration, or just for fun! Get the Free Flag Printable below and you will be able to make enough supplies for a group of 20 kids (or more!) with about 10 minutes of cutting.
The door-sized flag is just a larger version of the small flag. To make the Huge Door Flag, Click Here!
Do you want more patriotic fun? With the USA Preschool Worksheets your kids will have fun while they learn! They include over 25 printable pages!
Did you know that windsock are so important at airports that they are lit at night? Read more about windsock on Wikipedia.
Here’s What You Need
Here’s your Flag craft Supply list (This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our disclosure policy for more information):
- Easy Flag Printable <– Get it Here!
- colored copy paper, colored cardstock, or construction paper
- scissors (good pair)
- glue sticks
- string or extra strip of of paper for handle of Windsock
Make this USA Craft while reading these Fun Patriotic Books:
Step 1: Get the Free Craft Template
Download the Easy Flag Printable. You will be stapling the star templates to sheets of white paper and cutting out shapes up to 10 at a time.
Step 2: Staple and Cut Out the Flag Shapes
For each small flag and windsock you will need:
- 1 piece of blue paper (I used construction paper)
- about 12- 15 small stars (large star is for door flag)
- 4 red strips of paper
- 4 white strips of paper
Find the details for the HUGE DOOR FLAG HERE
All you will need to cut out are the stars and the strips of white and red paper.
Once you have the small star print outs, staple them to up to 10 sheets of copy paper, 5 sheets of cardstock or 8-10 sheets of construction paper. I found these bigger, rounder stars are soo much easier to cut out.
Did you know, you can staple together 10 pieces of copy paper and cut out 10 shapes at a time?! That’s my SECRET to fast & easy crafting.
Stapling the paper is very important because it makes sure it doesn’t move as you cut. The more staples the better. Cardstock is the thickest so you may only be able to cut 5 sheets at a time.
Tip: While you’re cutting, if you’ve cut off all parts of the pages that have staples, make sure to re-staple the sheets that are left.
Whenever you’re cutting multiple sheets at a time, make sure they are always stapled together!
To cut out the red and white strips, just gather up to 10 pieces of red and white construction paper. Then cut about 2 inch strips up the horizontal side of the paper.
Step 3: How to Assemble
Easy Flag Craft Assembly
Once you have all of your pieces, the kids will just need to glue it all together!
- Glue the white stars onto the blue sheet of construction paper
- Alternately glue the red stripes and white stripes to the horizontal side of the blue paper
- Make sure to write your name on the back!
- follow the steps above to create the easy flag
- roll the finished flag into a cylinder
- staple, glue, or tape the edges together
- staple, glue, or tape a piece of string or extra strip of paper as a handle of the windsock
You’re finished with the small flag and windsock!
This is such a fun and simple USA craft for preschoolers and Kindergarteners. Make it for Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Veterans Day, preschool, elementary, Scouts or just a fun school party idea.
More Patriotic Kids Crafts.
If you liked this craft, check out some of my other Stars and Stripes Crafts!
- Preschool Eagle Craft
- Fireworks Craft for Kids
- Heart American Flag Craft
- USA Bingo Printable
- Fourth of July Craft for kids
- United States Coloring Pages for Kids
- 4th of July arts and crafts
As always, I try to make classroom and party crafts fast, easy & inexpensive. Enjoy!