How cool is this giant door flag? It only took us about 10 minutes to make and we love it! What a great decoration for the 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day or Veterans Day. Get free Craft templates at CraftingJeannie.com!
Make this fun Door-sized American Flag for a classroom door, holiday decoration, or just for fun! Get the Free Flag Printable below and you can have your own Huge Flag in about 10 minutes!
Do you want more patriotic fun? With the USA Preschool Worksheets your kids will have fun while they learn! They include over 25 printable pages!
Here’s What You Need
Here’s your Flag craft Supply list (This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our disclosure policy for more information):
- Large Star from the Easy Flag Printable <– Get it Here!
- colored copy paper, colored cardstock, or construction paper
- scissors (good pair)
- glue sticks
Make this Independence Day Craft while reading these Fun Patriotic Books:
Step 1: Get the printable
Download the Easy Flag Printable. You will be stapling the star templates to sheets of white paper and cutting out shapes up to 10 at a time.
Step 2: Staple and Cut Out the Star Shapes
To make the Huge Door Flag, use the large star template from the Easy Flag Printable. You will need about 15 stars. You can cut sheets of white paper in half and staple together 8 – 10 half-sheets at a time. You will only need to cut out the large star twice and you will have enough for the Huge Door Flag.
Did you know, you can staple together 10 pieces of copy paper and cut out 10 shapes at a time?! That’s my SECRET to fast & easy crafting.
Stapling the paper is very important because it makes sure it doesn’t move as you cut. The more staples the better. Cardstock is the thickest so you may only be able to cut 5 sheets at a time.
Tip: While you’re cutting, if you’ve cut off all parts of the pages that have staples, make sure to re-staple the sheets that are left.
Whenever you’re cutting multiple sheets at a time, make sure they are always stapled together!
Step 3: Cut Strips of Red and White Paper
Next, you will need 6 sheets of red construction paper and 8 pieces of white paper. Stack the paper 8- 10 sheets at a time. You are just going to cut them in half on the vertical edge.
Make a gentle fold to find the center. You should only have to cut two stacks of paper to have enough strips to make your door flag.
You will also need 9 pieces of blue construction paper. No need to cut anything!
Step 4: How to Assemble
- Lay everything out on a large space of the floor: 9 pieces of blue construction paper will form a rectangle at the top. Next, arrange about 15 white stars on top of the blue rectangle. Then, line up four half-pieces of white paper to create a vertical line that will come down from the blue rectangle. Repeat this with four half-pieces of red paper. Alternate the white and red lines of paper to create the stripes.
- Glue the blue sheets of paper together. I did 3 across and 3 down.
- Glue the white stars randomly on the blue paper.
- Lay the red and white strips under the blue part of the flag – each final strip is 4 strips of paper glued together. Once it looks how you want, glue the strips together and to the blue part of the flag.
And you’re finished with your American Flag Door Decoration!
Now you have an AWESOME American Flag door decoration!
This is such a fun and easy craft and it looks AMAZING when it’s finished. This would be a great decoration for Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Veterans Day, preschool, elementary, Scouts or just a fun classroom door.
Want more USA activities for preschoolers?
More Free Craft Printables for American Holidays
If you liked this Giant Flag craft, check out some of my other Stars and Stripes Crafts for kids!
- Classic American Flag Craft for kids
- American Flag windsock craft
- Fireworks craft for toddlers
- Bald Eagle Craft for kids
- Heart American Flag
As always, I try to make classroom and party crafts fast, easy & inexpensive. Enjoy!