Download the Free Pumpkin Pie Craft Template and make this Easy Thanksgiving Craft for Toddlers. Find step-by-step instructions and Paper Crafts for kids on CraftingJeannie.com!
This adorable paper pumpkin pie craft is too cute to eat! Kids will love making it, especially adding the cotton ball whip cream. It’s a super easy fall or Thanksgiving craft.
Get the Free Pumpkin Pie Printable below and you will be able to make enough supplies for a group of 20 kids (or more!) with only about 10 minutes of cutting.
Do you want more Thanksgiving fun? My Thanksgiving Activity Packet will make your Thanksgiving Day Feast as easy as pie. It includes 7 Printable Placemat Activities & 3 craft templates!
Did you know, in 1705, a town postponed Thanksgiving for a week because there wasn’t enough molasses available to make pumpkin pie? Read more at History.com.
Here’s What You Need
Here’s your pumpkin pie craft supply list (This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read my disclosure policy for more information):
- Free Pumpkin Pie Printable <— Get it Here!
- colored copy paper, colored cardstock, or construction paper
- glue sticks
- cotton balls OR white paper (for whipped cream)
- markers (for decorating)
Step 1: Download and Print the Free Template
Download the Free Pumpkin Pie Printable. In the next step, learn how to quickly cut out as many as you need.
Step 2: Staple and Cut Out the Pumpkin Craft Shapes
Once you have the print outs, staple them to construction paper and cut out the shapes you need. The template includes a whipped cream shape if you do not want to use cotton balls.
Note: If you want to make this craft with a group of kids, you can staple the template to up to 10 sheets of copy paper, 5 sheets of cardstock or 5-8 sheets of construction paper.
So, did you know, you can staple together 10 pieces of copy paper and cut out 10 shapes at a time?! That’s my SECRET to fast & easy crafting.
Stapling the paper is very important because it makes sure it doesn’t move as you cut. The more staples the better. Cardstock is the thickest so you may only be able to cut 5 sheets at a time.
Step 3: How to Assemble
The kids will love making their own piece of pumpkin pie!
- In the image above I drew a dotted line on the brown part of the pie to show you how to assemble. Put the glue UNDER the dotted line and then glue the brown piece BEHIND the orange piece. For it to look correct, try to line up those corners to make a triangle shape with the brown paper.
- Glue the new brown and orange pie slice onto the yellow crust
- Glue on the whipped cream – either cotton balls or the paper whipped cream from the template
- Draw on a face and decorate your pie.
- Don’t forget to put your name on the back.
And you’re finished!
This is a great craft for Thanksgiving and Fall. This paper pumpkin pie craft is easy enough for preschool, elementary, Scouts or just a fun craft at home idea.
More Fall Crafts for Kids
If you liked this craft, check out some of my other Thanksgiving and Fall Crafts for kids:
As always, I try to make my crafts fast, easy & inexpensive. Enjoy!