Are you ready for an easy St. Patrick’s Day Craft for kids? Quickly make the supplies for this Cute Leprechaun craft for preschoolers with step-by-step instructions and Free Printable Template!
Get the Free Leprechaun Printable below and you will be able to make enough supplies for a group of 20 kids (or more!) with only about 10 minutes of cutting.
Watch the Cute Leprechaun Craft video and see how easy it is to make the supplies and assemble this St. Patrick’s Day Kid craft:
Here’s What You Need
Here’s your Cute Leprechaun Craft supply list (This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read my disclosure policy for more information):
- Free Leprechaun Printable <— Get it Here!
- colored copy paper, colored cardstock, or construction paper
- glue sticks
- marker (to draw on face)
- white school glue and gold glitter (optional)
Step 1: Download and Print the Free Leprechaun Craft Template
Download the Free Leprechaun Printable. In the next step, learn how to quickly cut out as many shapes as you need.
Step 2: Staple and Cut Out the St. Patrick’s Day Craft Shapes
Once you have the leprechaun template printed out, staple it to construction paper and cut out multiple shapes at a time.
Note: If you want to make this craft with a group of kids, you can staple the template to up to 10 sheets of copy paper, 5 sheets of cardstock or 6-10 sheets of construction paper.
So, did you know, you can staple together 10 pieces of copy paper and cut out 10 shapes at a time?! That’s my SECRET to fast & easy crafting.
Stapling the paper is very important because it makes sure it doesn’t move as you cut. The more staples the better. Cardstock is the thickest so you may only be able to cut 5 sheets at a time.
Step 3: How to Assemble
The kids will have so much fun making this cute St. Patrick’s Day craft!
I recommend having a leprechaun that is already put together so the children can see what the final version will look like.
- Color the Leprechaun’s face a skin tone color.
- Start assembling the leprechaun with the hat. Glue the black belt onto the hat.
- Next, glue the gold buckle onto the black belt of the hat.
- Glue the black rectangle onto the gold buckle of the Leprechaun hat.
- Glue the face onto the orange beard.
- Glue the hat onto the top of the head.
- Glue on the orange eyebrows.
- Draw on the eyes and mouth with a marker.
- Optional: Put white school glue on the yellow part of the hat buckle.
- Optional: Sprinkle gold glitter onto the hat buckle. Then shake off the extra glitter
- Don’t forget to write your name on the back.
Step 1: Color the Leprechaun’s face a skin tone color.
Step 2: Start assembling the leprechaun with the hat. Glue the black belt onto the hat.
Step 3: Next, glue the gold buckle onto the black belt of the hat.
Step 4: Glue the black rectangle onto the gold buckle of the Leprechaun hat.
Step 5: Glue the face onto the orange beard.
Step 6: Glue the hat onto the top of the head.
Step 7: Glue on the orange eyebrows.
Step 8: Draw on the eyes and mouth with a marker.
Optional Step 9: Put white school glue on the yellow part of the hat buckle.
Optional Step 10: Sprinkle gold glitter onto the hat buckle.
Shake of the extra glitter and don’t forget to write your name on the back!
And you’re finished!
This is such a fun and simple St. Patrick’s Day craft for kids. This Cute Leprechaun craft is perfect for preschool, nursery school, elementary school, cub scouts or just a fun craft at home idea.
More St. Patrick’s Day Crafts
If you liked this craft, check out some of my other St. Patrick’s Day Crafts:
- Mosaic Shamrock Craft
- Easy Leprechaun craft
- St. Patrick’s Day Pot Of Gold Craft
- Easy Paper Rainbow Craft
- Four-leaf clover hunt
As always, I try to make my crafts fast, easy & inexpensive. Enjoy!