Are you ready for an out of this world Valentine’s craft? Quickly make the supplies for this Easy Valentine Rocket Ship. Find step-by-step instructions and Free Templates for Craft Printables on CraftingJeannie.com!
Get the Free Valentine Rocket Printable below and you will be able to make enough supplies for a group of 20 kids (or more!) with only about 10 minutes of cutting.
Do you want more Valentine’s Day fun? These Printable Valentine’s Day Worksheets are so much fun! They include 18 Valentine’s Day Themed Preschool Worksheets!
Watch the Valentine Rocket Craft video and see how easy it is to make the supplies and assemble this easy craft:
Did you know that rockets actually work better in space than on earth? Read more at Wikipedia.com.
Here’s What You Need
Here’s your Valentine Rocket Ship Craft supply list (This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read my disclosure policy for more information):
- Free Valentine Rocket Printable <— Get it Here!
- colored copy paper, colored cardstock, or construction paper
- glue sticks
Make this Valentine Craft for Kids while reading these Fun Books:
Step 1: Download and Print the Free Valentine Rocket Ship Craft Template
Download the Free Valentine Rocket Printable. In the next step, learn how to quickly cut out as many shapes as you need.
Step 2: Staple and Cut Out the Craft Shapes
Once you have the Valentine’s rocket ship template printed out, staple it to construction paper and cut out multiple shapes at a time.
Note: If you want to make this craft with a group of kids, you can staple the template to up to 10 sheets of copy paper, 5 sheets of cardstock or 6-10 sheets of construction paper.
So, did you know, you can staple together 10 pieces of copy paper and cut out 10 shapes at a time?! That’s my SECRET to fast & easy crafting.
Stapling the paper is very important because it makes sure it doesn’t move as you cut. The more staples the better. Cardstock is the thickest so you may only be able to cut 5 sheets at a time.
Step 3: How to Assemble
The kids will have so much fun making this easy Valentine’s craft!
I recommend having a rocket ship that is already put together so the children can see what the final version will look like.
- Start with the large part of the rocket ship.
- Glue the bottom of the ship onto the rocket.
- Glue on the wings. Make sure the straight edge is at the bottom.
- Glue on the nose.
- Glue on the heart window.
- Glue the orange flame on top of the red flame.
- Glue the flame to the bottom of the rocket.
- Optional: Glue your completed rocket onto a piece of black construction paper.
- don’t forget to write your name on the back
And you’re finished!
This is such a fun and simple Valentine’s Day craft for kids. This Valentine rocket ship is perfect for Valentine’s Day, a Things That Go or Space lesson. And it’s easy enough for preschool, elementary, Scouts or just a fun craft at home idea.
More Valentine’s Day Crafts
If you liked this craft, check out some of my other Valentine’s Day Crafts:
- Easy Valentine’s Heart Tree
- Paper Avocado with Heart seed
- I Love You to Pieces Puzzle Template
- Conversation Heart Message Craft
- Valentine Owl Craft
- Valentine Pickup Truck Craft
- Valentine Tissue Paper Flowers
As always, I try to make my crafts fast, easy & inexpensive. Enjoy!